Name: Yuri Kobziar
Position: New Jersey Conference Coordinator
Years with USCSA: 4
Home Venue: Hunter Mountain, New York
Hobbies: Skiing, racing, golf, gardening
1. Where and why did you first learn to ski/ride?
Learned to ski behind my house. This was our only form of outdoor activity/entertainment in the winter.
2. How long have you been involved with USCSA and how did you first become involved?
4 years. Got involved coaching at my daughter’s school.
3. What are your current responsibilities for the organization?
New Jersey Conference Coordinator.
4. Describe your favorite on-the-hill memory.
Seeing one student help another try something they have never done before. We get students who have never raced before and seeing their teammates support them. Random acts of kindness like taking a competition load down.
5.Why do you like being involved with USCSA?
I’m passionate about ski racing and want to provide a venue for college kids to continue to grown with the sport.
6. If you could spend a week skiing at any ski resort in the world where would it be and why?
Powder skiing in Utah at Snowbird/Alta. I’ve never really skied in deep, soft snow.
7. What do you think students/athletes can do to help support USCSA's longevity?
Share their experiences to incoming freshmen. Continue past college years with an alumni event.